It is increasingly common to purchase a second-hand mobile phone and not know the origin of the device. One very important aspect is to know if the phone has an active SIM Lock with any carrier, because if it has the network locked, the device can only be used with the network provider who originally sold the phone.
How to know the carrier of a phone for free?
If you want to check the carrier of your iPhone, Samsung, Motorola, LG, OnePlus, Huawei, Xiaomi, ZTE or any other brand is locked with, you must follow these steps:
- Dial *#06# on your phone.
- Enter the IMEI into our search engine.
- The website will inform you for free of the brand and model.
- Sometimes the free server does not provide information about the carrier, in this case, we recommend purchasing the Carrier Check PRO service that has a success rate of 100%.
I think my phone is already unlocked but I cannot make calls
It is a very common case to think that the device has a network lock, and for that reason, it does not allow making or receiving calls. If you have doubts about what is happening, we recommend the following steps:
- IMEI Check for free to know if is blacklisted.
- Do a Factory Reset of the phone.
- Purchase the report on this page to verify if your mobile phone is already unlocked.