Yes, if you are the device original owner and the contract period ends, the carrier can provide you the unlock for free.
Carriers lock the device with a SIM lock code, when entering a SIM card from another network provider the mobile phone requests the SIM network unlock PIN.
Any US service providers such as metroPCS and T-Mobile install an application to unlock the device through an authorization called Device Unlock app.
The exact model reference is the SM-A102U for USA phone versions.
We can unlock the Tracfone version SM-S102DL by software.
The SM-A102F version is usually marketed in Latin America and Europe.
1. - Make sure you have an active data connection via 3G/4G/LTE or Wi-Fi.
2.- From the Application list, tap Device Unlock, the application is located in the T-Mobile / MetroPCS folder.
3.- Choose the Permanent Unlock.
4.- Restart the device.
1. - Turn on the handset on with a SIM card not accepted by the device (your new network operator)
2. - If the card has a PIN number, enter it and press OK.
3. - The device will prompt: “Network lock”, Now enter the code and press OK.
4. - Your phone will indicate: "The operation was successful", becoming permanently unlocked.
Unfreeze code: If the code in step 3 does not work, type the secondary code and press Unlock, the phone will indicate Unlock fail, now dial the code again from step 3.