In this tutorial, we will explain how to restore a iPhone 5C and completely format it to factory settings. Your iPhone will be just like the day you bought it, with no information or installed programs.
If you have forgotten the security code for your Apple device´s lock screen, if you want to sell or give your device to someone else, or if your iPhone is running very slowly and overloaded with information, these are usually the most common reasons for performing a hard reset or restoration.
Attention: This process will result in the complete loss of all information, contacts, notes, photos, videos, and applications. Therefore, we recommend that, if necessary, you make a backup beforehand using iCloud or iTunes (by connecting the iPhone to a Mac or PC).
Different tutorials for resetting a iPhone 5C based on the type of lock:I know the screen code and the iCloud account
If you want to remove the screen lock, whether it is a passcode, fingerprint, or face ID, follow these steps:
1. The device must be powered off.
2. Connect the iPhone to a computer with iTunes open (you must have iTunes installed on your PC).
3. Normally, when you connect it, the Apple logo will appear on the phone. Now, press and hold the Home button or Volume Down button (iPhone 7 or later) and the Power button.
4. After about 10 seconds, the screen will turn off.
5. Release the Power button but continue holding the Home button or Volume Down button (iPhone 7 or later).
6. After about 30 seconds, the computer will recognize the iPhone in DFU mode, and you can release the Home button or Volume Down button (iPhone 7 or later).
7. In iTunes, select "Restore".
8. Just wait for the latest version of iOS software to be downloaded and for the device to be formatted.
9. In about half an hour, your iPhone will be back to its original state without a passcode.
10. If the iPhone had the iCloud account active, it will prompt you to enter the iCloud email and password again.
I do not know the screen lock or the iCloud account
To remove the screen lock using a passcode, fingerprint, or face ID, you should follow the previous tutorial.
If your iPhone now has an iCloud lock, and you do not know the email or password, there is no software available to reset the device unless you perform a jailbreak on the iPhone.
Occasionally, there are private Apple servers that can remove the iCloud account from an iPhone. If you purchase our Check and Premium iCloud report, we will inform you about the possibilities you have to remove the iCloud account from your iPhone.